The game doesn't have to be long. In fact the judges will only play each game for about an hour. That means I really need to tighten things up here.
The game I will submit will be a survival simulator, with the goal of going as far South as possible before having to return home. The player will be reliving all the events that Shackleton, Scott, and Wilson experienced so he/she will have to make educated evaluations about how much risk there is in continuing South. Meanwhile, the historic events from that journey will play out through dialogue, journal entries, and survival tasks - fleshing out the characters and adding context to the player's actions.
Not an impossible job to do, just difficult. 28 Days and counting!
- A few tent interior/exterior maps
- Twenty new maps of the Antarctic.
- Five new tiles created and modified, even more added to create a variety of different types of snow and ice terrain.
- A Calendar System
- Art Assets: new items like canned foods and ointments used from that time period.
- Initial Character Stats
- Sleep, Fatigue, and Stamina.
- Programmed a smoother map transfer system that reduces some of the memory requirements.