Work on the Prologue for Heroes of the Antarctic is in full swing. The Prologue acts as both a demo/prototype of the game and a way to experiment with gameplay mechanics while I write the script for the full game. Many of the graphics are placeholders and will be replaced. The user interface, in particular, is likely to receive a major change that isn't as pixelated.
I had fun making the faces, although I will need to rework them to match the photos I have for the various crew members.
- First face images created for Shackleton, Scott, and Wilson.
- There are additional images of the various expressions they have too (angry, surprised, sick, happy, etc).
- Created movement sprites for my initial characters.
- Added several face and tile sprites.
- Map 01 and 02 were created and some nice details were added, although it's hard to add details when your entire environment is snow and ice!
- Where possible I'm going to have to work on a set of textures to give the Antarctic more visual depth. The maps are mostly comprised of various scripts and events right now because they start the game off.
Dialogue & Mission:
- I have added the first few lines of an early plot element.
- I added supplementary text (journals etc.) too.
- I've created various mini-scripts (a sleeping system, for example) and some minor details.